SHAH ALAM, 29 Nov: Housing and Local Government Minister, Datuk Chor Chee Heung lied when he claimed that the Department of Environment (DOE) had supported the 29-storey condominium project in Batu Caves.
Instead the DOE, in a press release dated January 24, 2007, clearly did not support the project that is being developed by Dolomite Industries Sdn Bhd.
However, the project developer stubbornly wants to continue the development regardless of DOE’s stance.
This was according to Tourism, Consumer Affairs and Environment Exco member, Elizabeth Wong in her press conference at the Selangor State Assembly (DNS) Annex building lobby today.
“DOE never issued the letter of support as claimed by the Minister of Housing in the Malaysiakini report entitled “Chor: Dolomite submits engineering solutions” dated 19 November 2012,” said Elizabeth.
Elizabeth also showed the DOE report which was signed by the Selangor DOE Director, Rosli Zul, that clearly opposed the development as it could potentially cause landslide problems.
Elizabeth also said that until now, nine blocks of the commercial building project has been completed but still unoccupied as it has yet to received the Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC).
Previously, during the era of the Umno-BN administration, Selayang Municipal Council had given the planning permission for project, located about 180 metres from the Mahamariamman Temple in Batu Caves.
However, the project has received objection from Hindus who are concerned that it will affect Batu Caves’ soil structure as it is their place of worship.