Bala Admits SD1 Is True, Withdrawn After Threatened by DPM’S Brother


KUALA LUMPUR, 28 FEB: Private Investigator, P. Balasubramaniam today admitted that the first statutory declaration (SD) he disclosed on 3 July 2008 about the murder of Altantuya Shaariibu is a true confession.

However, according to Balasubramaniam, he was forced to withdraw the first SD with a second SD the next day when he was threatened by a man who claimed that he was Nazim Razak, the brother of then Deputy Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

The threat took place in a meeting with Nazim which was arranged by businessman, Deepak Jaikishan at The Curve, Damansara on the night after he revealed the first SD.

Balasubramaniam said this in an exposure programme called ‘Who Murdered Altantuya?’ which was held at the Selangor and Kuala Lumpur Chinese Assembly Hall here.

“He (Nazim) said only three words, are you the one? I answered, yes.

“Do you love your family? I replied yes and he continued, if you love your family, just follow Deepak’s orders,” said Balasubramaniam in front of almost 2,000 people last night.

At the same time, Balasubramaniam claimed that he was told by his wife in a telephone call that there were several unknown people who were in the vicinity of the residence.

Balasubramaniam was also informed by Deepak that members of the military intelligence were around the area of his house to monitor and his family’s movements.

“I told my wife to close the door and to not leave the house until I get home,” he said.

According to Balasubraminiam, after he made the second SD, he and his family were in hiding before being taken to Changi Airport in Singapore before being flown to Bangkok, Kathmandu, New Delhi and finally, Chennai, India.

Balasubramaniam returned after leaving the country for four years, last Sunday to help Pakatan Rakyat on the murder of Altantuya in 2006.

Two police officers from the Special Action Force have given the death sentence after being found guilty in the case.

The gained public attention when the involvement of a senior officer of Najib at the time, Abdul Razak Baginda, was also accused.

However, Abdul Razak was acquitted of the charges.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.