SHAH ALAM, 8 May: The People’s Voice Rally to be held tonight at the Kelana Jaya Stadium will continue as planned, said PKR Strategy Director, Rafizi Ramli.
In a press statement, Rafizi explained that PKR, through the Seri Setia Assemblyman, Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad has officially informed the police about the rally.
“To welcome urges of (IGP) Tan Sri Ismail Omar, we have informed the police station, in accordance with the normal practice.
“Seeing that the rally will be held at a private venue which has been agreed upon with the management and owners of the stadium.
“It is also in accordance with the Peaceful Assembly Act which was used previously which clearly requires no permit for the assembly, but merely to inform the police,” said the Pandan Member of Parliament.
Inspector General of Police, Tan Sri Ismail Omar previously issued a statement asking the organisers to comply with the law as well as to use the proper channels to request permission from the district police chief.
In relation to that, Rafizi urged the public, especially those demanding for fair elections and reject the 13th General Election (GE-13) fraud to attend wearing black at the assembly tonight.
In other developments, he said that he will lodge a police report this evening in relation to the attempts by certain quarters to create chaos and fear by playing the racial sentiment through the Short Messaging System (SMS).
“I totally condemn elements of agitation used to try to scare the people, especially non-Malays, that the gathering is a reason for racial unrest to begin.
“Several text messages referring to the May 13 incident which is allegedly associated with tonight’s gathering are circulating, with clear malicious intent,” said Rafizi.