Residents determined to fortify in home to avoid it from being demolished by DBKL

SHAH ALAM, 9 June: The Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) has finally agreed to extend evacuation of a home in Kampung Chubadak until Thursday.

During the incident this afternoon, DBKL wanted to demolish six houses in the village to make way for the construction of the Housing Project for the Hardcore Poor (PPRT)

7.1

However, the demolition of one house was unsuccessful because the family was determined to be in the house even though DBKL bulldozers were ready to demolish it.

The Member of Parliament for Batu, Tian Chua, said that they had been given a notice a few months ago but suddenly, today, DBKL came to demolish without prior warning.

7.2

He said that DBKL’s move to demolish the houses despite it still being inhabited is unreasonable.

He said that this is because it could be life threatening.

“The land is owned by the Federal Territory Land Commission for the PPRT to be developed on.

“However, after we discussed with DBKL and the Land and Mines Office (LMO), they agreed to extend the period of evacuation,” he said when contacted by Selangor Kini today.

7.3

Tian Chua said that previously, the residents did not agree because the compensation received was very little.

He said that the residents felt that the compensation of RM7,000 offered by the parties involved is unreasonable because of the current increase in cost of living.

“However, we will continue to discuss with the authorities so that the fate of the residents are defended.

“Previously, it has been complained many times to the Federal Territory Minister, but the matter was not resolved.

“100 houses inhabited in the area have been there for decades. So, they should receive adequate compensation,” he said.

Pictures: Sourced from Facebook

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.