Uptown Section 24 traders in trauma when stalls destroyed in a blink of an eye

SHAH ALAM, 15 Oct: The traders here in Uptown Section 24 are still in trauma and shock with the incident that happened and they did not expect for their businesses to be destroyed in a blink of an eye by fire this morning.

The traders met by Selangor Kini have calmed down from the incident that happened and had begun their businesses at the Muhibbah Complex since eight years ago.

7.1

However, with the maximum financial assistance without interest by the Urban Poor Microcredit Scheme (MIMBAR) amounting to RM5,000 per person without bureaucracy and the contribution from the Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) through the corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme, RM500 help a little in lightening their burden to continue their business.

Hasan Nuruddin, 46, said that during the incident, he so happened to be in the business complex and rushed to the back of Block B to help other traders.

“About 2.30 am there was a shop on fire, I was in front and I ran to the back to help my friend put out the fire.

7.2

“But it could not be put out with the fire extinguisher. When the fire department came, the fire had grown. At that moment, the water pressure was low so it made the firefighters work harder,” he said.

He admitted that the fire took place too fast and panicked him, thus damaging four shop lots owned by him where he ran a women’s clothing and watch business.

For Sharizul Saad, 29, he only managed to save half of his business materials for his 925 silver accessory business right after the fire.

When the incident happened, his wife had gone home at about 2.00 am and he was only informed about the fire around 3.00 am.

“When the incident happened, my wife has gone home. At about 3.000 am, we received a call and at first, we thought the electricity supply had been cut.

“My wife arrived at 3.30 am and managed to save half of the 925 silver accessories.

“We will see first because we cannot guess the amount of provisions we will receive,” he said, estimating the losses to amount to RM20,000.

Meanwhile for ohd Azizi Ismail, 37, the strong wind was seen as the cause of the fire spreading fast which caused Block B of the Muhibbah Complex to be enveloped by flames.

The clothing businessman was relieved when the firefighters managed to control the fire from spreading to Block A.

He said that during the incident all traders worked hard to save their business materials which they piled on the roadside.

NS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Categories
SELANGOR

Uptown Section 24 traders in trauma when stalls destroyed in a blink of an eye

SHAH ALAM, 15 Oct: The traders here in Uptown Section 24 are still in trauma and shock with the incident that happened and they did not expect for their businesses to be destroyed in a blink of an eye by fire this morning.

The traders met by Selangor Kini have calmed down from the incident that happened and had begun their businesses at the Muhibbah Complex since eight years ago.

7.1

However, with the maximum financial assistance without interest by the Urban Poor Microcredit Scheme (MIMBAR) amounting to RM5,000 per person without bureaucracy and the contribution from the Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) through the corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme, RM500 help a little in lightening their burden to continue their business.

Hasan Nuruddin, 46, said that during the incident, he so happened to be in the business complex and rushed to the back of Block B to help other traders.

“About 2.30 am there was a shop on fire, I was in front and I ran to the back to help my friend put out the fire.

7.2

“But it could not be put out with the fire extinguisher. When the fire department came, the fire had grown. At that moment, the water pressure was low so it made the firefighters work harder,” he said.

He admitted that the fire took place too fast and panicked him, thus damaging four shop lots owned by him where he ran a women’s clothing and watch business.

For Sharizul Saad, 29, he only managed to save half of his business materials for his 925 silver accessory business right after the fire.

When the incident happened, his wife had gone home at about 2.00 am and he was only informed about the fire around 3.00 am.

“When the incident happened, my wife has gone home. At about 3.000 am, we received a call and at first, we thought the electricity supply had been cut.

“My wife arrived at 3.30 am and managed to save half of the 925 silver accessories.

“We will see first because we cannot guess the amount of provisions we will receive,” he said, estimating the losses to amount to RM20,000.

Meanwhile for ohd Azizi Ismail, 37, the strong wind was seen as the cause of the fire spreading fast which caused Block B of the Muhibbah Complex to be enveloped by flames.

The clothing businessman was relieved when the firefighters managed to control the fire from spreading to Block A.

He said that during the incident all traders worked hard to save their business materials which they piled on the roadside.

NS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.