Categories
SELANGOR

Taman Ehsan Market: CM waits for full report before taking action

PETALING JAYA, 7 Feb: The Chief Minister, Mohamed Azmin Ali, is still waiting for the full report regarding requests by traders for him to intervene in the plans to demolish the Taman Ehsan Public Market.

Mohamed Azmin said that the views of all parties, including the traders, will be addressed before decision is made.

1.1

“I am waiting for the report to examine it first with the relevant parties and we will listen to their problems.

“Most importantly, the problems of the traders need to be addressed. If there is a need to relocate them, we will help the traders in continuing their businesses,” he told Selangor Kini.

Yesterday, Selangor Kini reported that plans to demolish the market will not continue until the Selayang Municipal Council (MPS) acquires a new site for the traders.

1.2

The developments for the issue was decided at a meeting involving the representatives of the traders, MPS officers, council members and the Paya Jaras Assemblyman, Mohd Khairuddin Othman.

The results of the meeting decided that a new site will be provided and for that purpose, MPS will apply to the district officer.

Previously, MPS issued a notice to vacate the shop lots in the market to make way for the demolition, which was originally scheduled to take place on January 28.

However, the move was opposed by 51 traders from the market, the local community and the Assemblyman’s office.

Mohd Khairuddin then managed to obtain approval from MPS to postpone the demolition until a decision is reached together during the meeting that was held the day before yesterday.

NS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Taman Ehsan Market: CM waits for full report before taking action

PETALING JAYA, 7 Feb: The Chief Minister, Mohamed Azmin Ali, is still waiting for the full report regarding requests by traders for him to intervene in the plans to demolish the Taman Ehsan Public Market.

Mohamed Azmin said that the views of all parties, including the traders, will be addressed before decision is made.

1.1

“I am waiting for the report to examine it first with the relevant parties and we will listen to their problems.

“Most importantly, the problems of the traders need to be addressed. If there is a need to relocate them, we will help the traders in continuing their businesses,” he told Selangor Kini.

Yesterday, Selangor Kini reported that plans to demolish the market will not continue until the Selayang Municipal Council (MPS) acquires a new site for the traders.

1.2

The developments for the issue was decided at a meeting involving the representatives of the traders, MPS officers, council members and the Paya Jaras Assemblyman, Mohd Khairuddin Othman.

The results of the meeting decided that a new site will be provided and for that purpose, MPS will apply to the district officer.

Previously, MPS issued a notice to vacate the shop lots in the market to make way for the demolition, which was originally scheduled to take place on January 28.

However, the move was opposed by 51 traders from the market, the local community and the Assemblyman’s office.

Mohd Khairuddin then managed to obtain approval from MPS to postpone the demolition until a decision is reached together during the meeting that was held the day before yesterday.

NS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.