Former DO Exposed Project IC, Unrest In Sabah Lost


SHAH ALAM, 2 April: Former Chief of the Sandakan District, Hassnar Ibrahim, the person who exposed the Identification Card (IC) Project scandal and the unrest in Sabah during the 80s, disappeared without a trace.

Youth Colidarity Malaysia (SAMM), Propaganda Director, Edy Noor Reduan informed that Hassnar and his wife could not be traced for more the 24 hours after boarding a flight to Kuala Lumpur last Sunday.

He said that SAMM is worried about Hassnar and his wive’s safety because of his exposure, stating that the former Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, was the mastermind in giving ICs to foreigners in Sabah.

In relation to that, a police report will be made by SAMM at the Jalan Pantai Baharu Police Station at 5.30 this evening.

Previous reports stated that Hassnar was the person who claimed that Dr Mahathir was the mastermind of the “Project IC” in Sabah where 130,000 illegal immigrants were given ICs in 1985.

He claimed that the Deputy Minister of Home Affairs at the time, Megat Junid Megat Ayob, personally admitted that Dr Mahathir approved the project with the excuse of ‘balancing the population diversity of race and religion in Sabah’.

Hassnar also admitted signing tens of thousands of empty forms to enable the registration of the ICs, although it was only his third day of holding the position in 1982.

He signed the HNR3 blank forms; the documents for birth verification to enable someone to receive identification cards, without know the names and details that will be filled.

He believes that 800,000 Filipinos of Sulu descent were made citizens of Malaysia and the rest were given citizenship through the Project IC.

Hassnar was detained under the Internal Security Act (ISA) in 1988 for two months, then under house arrest for two years in Sandakan starting 6 September 1998.

Apart from that, he also claimed that there were hidden riots which took place in 1986 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, which was planned by Dr Mahathir after BN was defeated.

The 48-day riot resulted in a bomb blast, burning of a mosque and caused five people to be killed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.