SHAH ALAM, 3 Dec: Five Selangor District and Land Offices managed to record the highest percentage and amount of Quit Rent revenue over the past year.
The Petaling District and Land Office achieved the overall highest total Quit Rent revenue of over RM 156 million, while the highest percentage of Quit Rent collection was dominated by the Klang District and Land Office, followed by Gombak, Sepang and Kuala Selangor.
Accordingly, the State Government delivered cash incentives amounting to RM 200,000 to the five District and Land Offices which had achieved the set target.
Chief Minister Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim said the incentives are given based on three aspects, namely the percentage of current Quit Rent collection exceeding 95 percent, target Quit Rent areas exceeding 75 percent, and the highest amount of Quit Rent revenue collection.
“Previously we only give RM 100,000 to any district office which achieves the 95 per cent target.
“But this time we added a lot of incentives due to the outstanding record of tax collection by many district offices,” he told reporters after launching Innovation Day 2012 at Silver Jubilee Hall, State Goverment Secretary (SUK) today.
The celebration was held to promote innovative culture in public service, recognizing the excellence of departments and their staff as well as creating an appropriate reward system for excellence achieved.
The seven awards and recognition given are:
1) Selangor State Government Office Library Active Book Borrower Award 2011, which was won by Selangor Land and Mine Office Officer Maimunah Abdul Sukor
2) Recognition of Website Innovation – Klang Municipal Council and the Kajang Municipal Council
3) Recognition of Local Authority (PBT) Star Rating System – Subang Jaya Municipal Council (four stars) and Kuala Langat District Council (three stars).
4) Public Service Innovative and Creative Circle (KIK) Convention – Selangor was reresented by PK Tech Group of Ampang Jaya Municipal Council and Una Voce Group of Selayang Municipal Council.
5) District and Land Office Quit Rent Revenue Performance of the Year 2011 – Petaling District and Land Office
6) Selangor Public Sector Innovation Award – Selangor Department of Irrigation and Drainage (JPS)
7) Excellent Office Management and Administration – Kuala Langat District Office.