SHAH ALAM, 20 Mar: The leader of the intruders in Lahad Datu, Sabah, who calls himself the Raja Muda of Sulu, Agbimudin @ Azzimuddie Kiram, has been found to be a citizen of Malaysia and previously worked as the Assistant Administrator in the Kudat District Office.
Investigations at the Sabah National Archives found Azimuddie’s name listed in the 1975 list of Civil Servants, Sabah Civil Service as an Assistant District Officer for the Kudat District Office.
According to the document, he was appointed starting from 1 March 1974, with a salary of RM610 per month, said Strategy Director, Rafizi Ramli who disclosed the document today.
The lingering question among the public at this time includes the question of how many of the invaders are Filipinos who gained Malaysian citizenship after they were given the blue identity cards like Agbimudin.
“With this information, the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak can no longer hide behind the excuse of national security to avoid answering the questions that linger in the minds of the people,” the statement said.
Among the lingering questions among the public at this time includes the question of how many of the invaders are Filipinos who gained Malaysian citizenship after they were given the blue identity cards like Agbimudin.
Also the question of how many of the invaders are members of Umno.
Rafizi and Darell also urged for Najib to be forthright with the people on whether the leader of the group of invaders is a Malaysian citizen who comes from the Philippines, and was given the blue identity card.
According to Rafizi, PKR will then organise a National Sovereignty and Security Talk (BKNN) in the form of a forum which will be participated by several former top officials of the Malaysian Armed Forces and Police in Kuala Lumpur, Sungai Petani and Johor Bahru to analyse this issue.
“The first BKNN will be held at the Dato’ Ahmad Razali Hall in Ampang on Thursday, 21 March 2013, at 9pm and will be chaired by myself.
“Through the BKNN, questions regarding the ‘Project IC’ and the security threats from Umno’s frivolousness will be analysed thoroughly, apart from other issues of national security and sovereignty,” said Rafizi.
On 9 February, Azzimuddie lead a group who claimed to be the Royal Army of the Sulu Sultanate who entered Felda Sahabat 17, Kampung Tanduo in Lahad Datu for the purpose of claiming the Sultanate’s ownership of Sabah.
A total of 63 people have died in military and police operations to combat and capture the members of the group which has been going on for a month.
As of March 12, it has been reported that a total of 53 followers of the Sulu Sultanate, nine members of the security forces and civilians have been killed in a series of clashes between both parties.